The objective of this assignment is to gain knowledge and understanding of digital forensics through research and
practical experience. This understanding is to be demonstrated by submission of a formal technical report of an analysis of digital forensics artefacts and a brief essay on recent advanced in digital forensics.
Background On his way to rendezvous with Maria Hill, the espionage agency S.H.I.E.L.D. Director, Nick Fury, is ambushed by assailants led by a mysterious assassin called the Winter Soldier who works for the evil secret society H.Y.D.R.A. Fury escapes to Steve Rogers' apartment, and warns Rogers, also known as Captain America that S.H.I.E.L.D. is compromised. Fury is gunned down by the Winter Soldier, before handing Rogers a flash drive. Fury is pronounced dead during surgery, and Hill recovers the body.
Steve Rogers has asked you to investigate an internal S.H.I.E.L.D. transmission found on the flash drive. He suspects that there is evidence of H.Y.D.R.A. double agents in the transmission. Your task as his friend and S.H.I.E.L.D. digital forensics analyst is to answer Rogers' questions.
1. Who are the agents in the transmission? When does the first communication begin?
2. What browsers are the agents using and on what operating systems?
3. Are there double agents working for H.Y.D.R.A.? Who are they?
4. What applications are running on Steve's computer? Should Steve have these open?
5. What web pages has Steve Rogers visited recently?
6. What is Steve Rogers' email address?
7. What is Steve Rogers' Password?
8. Is Steve Rogers PC infected with a virus?
9. What was sent for Daisy to collect?
10. Is Daisy a H.Y.D.R.A. agent?
11. how to Create a detailed map of the network, including IP addresses, hostnames and services as well as suspected owners of each host.
12. how to Create a detailed timeline of the significant events that take place in the captured transmission.
As part of the answer for each of these questions you must include: • A clear description of the evidence and reasoning for your answer. • A detailed description of the process that you followed and the tools that you used to obtain the evidence. It is expected that you will include screenshots in your description.
Recently Asked Questions
- Compare and contrast the results yielded by preliminary field versus laboratory testing
- i need some help on the analysis of the factors leading to juvenile delinquency
- What are two toolmarks imparted by a firearm that allow an examiner to conclude that a particular firearm was used to cycle a piece of evidence?