Your day in the Forensic Lab had been pretty
routine. Around 1:00pm an investigator drops off some items of evidence to be analyzed from the scene of a homicide. One is a brown gummy substance found at the crime scene, another is an ink pen and note with writing and the final is an unknown white powder.
For each item of evidence discuss the following:
1) Which analytical method/equipment would you use?
2) Why would you use this particular method for that piece of evidence?
3) How does that method/equipment work?
Recently Asked Questions
- A murder has been committed and you are a juror at the trial. The prosecuting attorney has presented evidence that the victim put up a struggle and injured her
- The general public (and therefore juries) have the impression that digital photographs are easily manipulated. They no longer place the same faith in the
- Many television crime shows depict forensic investigators using spectroscopy to detect the residue of bodily fluids at crime scenes. How does spectroscopy