Physical and Economic Geography. Tourism is essential to Middle America's economy...on the Caribbean islands it is the #1 economic generator. Climate change stands to change that, but the Caribbean is not standing idly by. This video delves into the economics of climate change. And what the Caribbean is doing to keep its #1 industry sustainable.
Direct Link: http://youtu.be/7S-C1tBtWm8
1. The Caribbean is the most tourism independent region in the world. _________% of revenue of some of the islands is derived from the trade.
2. Climate change is the Caribbean's most pressing issue. List 5 effects of climate change on the islands (at least 9 were mentioned!).
3. The island of ___________________ suffered from severe beach erosion on its western and northern coasts. What DIDN'T they do to solve the problem?
4. In the low-lying islands of __________________ , this vital protection was removed and is now being restored:
5. What does the island of St. Lucia specifically do to fund its marine parks?
6. The Sandals Foundation helps to protect the waters off Jamaica by cooperating with the _______________________________ and the ______________________________.
7. Which renewable resources/technology solutions hold the most promise for the region? List 3.
Recently Asked Questions
- "From the following information, how would I work out the standard error of the estimate for the regression model (in excel)? Please note some information is
- Guinevere Company has the following data extracted from its Accounts Receivable records at June 30, 2011 Customer Balance Current 31 -75 days Over 75 days A
- what is the relationship between an antigen, an antibody, and the plasma membrane?