Are there other forms of the Caste System
In South Asia, the caste system divides society into a social hierarchy. Traditionally, a person is born into a caste, which cannot be changed. It affects nearly all aspects of daily life
- All human groups have deeply ingrained concepts of relative social status. Consider the caste system in South Asia as well as social differentiation in your own society.
- Does the society you live in have anything that resembles the caste system (think about race, gender, location, occupation etc.)? What are the possible categories in your ar
- How is "caste" indicated (think about clothes, hairstyle, body decorations, manner of speaking, material possessions, gender, religion, etc
- What caste would you fit in
- What affect does this caste have on your everyday living?
- Many South Asians have converted from Hinduism to other religions to escape this caste system. Would you be willing to change your belief system?
- Faith Integration: What are your thoughts as to how the Gospel addresses this issue of caste systems?
Recently Asked Questions
- Which of the following correctly describes `` frictional unemployment '' ?
- Source address filtering can be used either on packets coming into or going out of an edge network . Which of the following is true for a typical edge network ?
- If 2003 is the reference base period , what is the price index for the CPI basket of goods for 2011 in the above table ?