1a. Which of the three volcanoes has the gentlest slope?
A.Mauna Loa (Hawaii)B.Mt Vsevidof (Alaska)C.SP
1b. Why does this kind of volcano have the gentlest slope?
1. What is a volcano?
2. List two places where magma breaks through the crust.
3. Describe the magma of shield volcanoes.
4. Describe a Plinian eruption and give an example of one such eruption.
5. What are the two other types of eruptions mentioned in the video?
6. What is an earthquake?
7. List two causes for earthquakes (other than plate movements).
8. Describe the motion that occurs at each of the three types of faults.
9. Name a well-known slip (AKA strike-slip) fault.
10. What are the three types of earthquake waves and which type causes the most damage?
11. What was the magnitude of the largest recorded earthquake?
12. List three causes for tsunami.
13. Briefly explain how a tsunami is generated.
14. Tsunami waves may grow to what height as they approach land?
15. Give one method by which a tsunami may be detected.
Recently Asked Questions
- What is globalization?
- What is the approximate daylength (time in the circle of illumination) for Cabo San Lucas, Mexico (23.5 N) on June 21? (1 point)
- If the temperature at the bottom of Mt. Shasta, 3,000 ft above the sea level, is 55F on a winter day, what will the temperature be for a person climbing to the