According to your textbook (around p78):
In the scientific study The Benefits of the Clean Air Act, 1970 to
1990, the EPA determined that the Clean Air Act provided health, social, ecological, and economic benefits 42 times greater than its costs. In 2010 alone, estimated benefits exceeded costs at a ratio of 4 to 1. After reading this section (or doing research online if you do not have the book yet) answer the following questions:
1. In your opinion, why is the public generally unaware of these details?
2. What do you think are the difficulties with informing the public?
Recently Asked Questions
- What are the current impacts of climate change in Europe? Sea ice is dwindling. There is sparse snow cover in arctic Scandinavia. There are less frequent
- Why did japan recently suffer a massive earthquake?
- Using a physical map of the world, find two examples of a subduction zone and explain why they are occurring in each location.