1) Is the Yakima River flowing northward or southward in this area?
2) Is this section of the Yakima River immature or mature? justify your conclusion
3) Less than a mile south of Yakima Sportsmen State Park is a sewage disposal facility adjacent to a meander. Which side of this meander (east or west) is the cut bank? What does this suggest about potential long-term problems which may arise at this site?
4) What is the contour interval of this map? Based on that, approximately how high above the channel are large parts of Yakima, such as the area around the State Fairgrounds? Are such areas likely to be within the flood plain? What sort of features are shown on the map which indicate attempts to confine the meandering of the Yakima River as it passes near populated areas?
Recently Asked Questions
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from Quiz 2 accounting 1. Additional comments: "This is a part of the 2 other
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from EXAM 1_Fall2016_Ch1_1.5_2_finalversion.
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from Spring 2017 Online MAC 1105 Math Gym Workbook.pdf.