MAP - Southeastern United States
(See Figure 15.3 in the lab)
5. What is the general strike of the Paleozoic rocks (striped pattern)?
6. These rocks are what? a. horizontal, b. uniformly tilted, c. folded into anticlines and synclines
7. What is the geologic structure in the upper left-hand corner of the map? Explain.
8. Coastal Plain sediments are covering the basement rocks in the southern portion of the map. In what direction do they dip?
MAP - A portion of Grand Canyon, Arizona
9. What is the orientation of the Paleozoic rocks on this map? Explain.
10. Within the Paleozoic rocks, where are the gentlest slopes? Explain.
11. Which Paleozoic formation is the thickest? Explain.
12. What sort of relationship can you observe between faults and stream valleys on the map?
13. Name one unconformity on the map, and detail between which rock units it occurs.
Recently Asked Questions
- E13.2 Use the file Life Expectancy.xls (located below). A - Use first differencing to estimate the regression of Life Expectancy on Population, GDP, and Health
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from 15TH ASSIGN - CH 41 - TB B(3).
- What is the solution to human problems according to the Christian worldview? What role do grace and faith play in Christian salvation? How do Christians think