1. What is the regional relief on Map 3.2?
2. Using the contour lines on Map 3.2, which
area along the red line is steeper, from A to B or from B to C? Explain how you came to this conclusion.
3. What is the gradient from A to B and B to C on Map 3.2? Show your work.
4. Construct a topographic profile from A to A' on the graph paper above. You will need to print out this page, construct your profile, then take a digital photo of this page and upload it with your completed worksheet. Make sure your photo includes your calculation for Question 8, below.
5. Based on the scale you choose for the topography (vertical axis) in question 7, calculate the amount of vertical exaggeration on the topographic profile you constructed above. Show your work.
6. What is the ratio scale of this map?
7. Explain in a sentence how this type of scale works.
8. What is the latitude on the north edge of the map?
9. What is the longitude on the east edge of the map?
Recently Asked Questions
- What materials were used in the 1950s to accurately determine the age of the Earth as 4.55 billion years? A. Xenoliths from the outer core B. Zircons from
- Describe the environment. Think about its weather or climate and landscape as well as its flora and fauna. What does the natural world look like in your future?
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from Investigation_3B_Answer.pdf.