This question has been answered
- Draw a geometrically reasonable, annotated interpretative sketch, of the outcrop shown in Fig. 2, focusing on the folded region. This sketch requires a scale (in meters), a North arrow, and a short legend, which describes and classifies the actual folded rock types according to established geological conventions. Constrain a younging direction, if possible, and include it in your sketch. Map other noticeable deformation structures in addition to the folds (such as outcrop-scale fractures/faults with kinematic shear arrows, if applicable).
- Choose four well-exposed folds in this outcrop and adjacent exposures. Identify their location on your sketch.
- Provide a short qualitative field classification of each analysed fold.
- For the analysed set of folds, answer the following questions:
- Are the folds symmetric?
- Is an axial planar cleavage present? If yes, report its orientation.
- Do folded layers vary in thickness, comparing limbs and hinges?
Answered by Expert Tutors
292,177 students got unstuck by Course
Hero in the last week
Our Expert Tutors provide step by step solutions to help you excel in your courses