- Regulatory agencies may become "captured" by interest groups because
- A. agencies may hire people with expertise from firms and industries that
- they regulate.
- B. agencies often need funds in addition to those appropriated by congress and rely on private "donations" that are difficult to trace.
- C. presidents want it that way to weaken the control of Congress.
- D. the salaries of federal bureaucrats are low.
- E. agencies are generally staffed with individuals who do not have the proper credentials or are otherwise incompetent.
agencies often need funds in addition to those... View the full answer