- What does the abbreviation EMTALA stand for?
- What act is it a part of?
- What IS EMTALA and who does it protect? Explain.
- What happens if a hospital is found to have violated EMTALA?
- Can a patient sue the hospital and/or attending physician if a violation occured? Why?
1. . EMTALA . Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act (US federal law governing assessment and transfer of... View the full answer
Sign up to view the full answer
1) EMTALA stands for Emergency Medical Treatment and Labor Act. 2) It is a part of Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation... View the full answer