121. High impact exercise could be problematic for diabetics due to which of the following? Muscle cramps Headaches
- Nerve damage
122. Cycling your training to help account for shock, compensation, and exhaustion is an important part of periodization and refers to which principle?
- Henneman's principle
- GAS principle
- Principle of size recruitment
- SAID principle
123. Those who engage in cross training may experience which of the following?
- Increased risk of injury
- Positive orthopedic benefit
- Decreased risk of injury
- Specific adaptations
124. Which of the following populations are environmental considerations such as pollen, allergies, and extreme temperatures key for?
125. What is an inexpensive, portable, and common way to assess body fat in the fitness industry?
- Bioelectrical impedance
- Skinfold testing
- Hydrostatic weighing
126. The FITT acronym stands for which of the following?
- Fitness, Intensity, Training, Time
- Frequency, Integration, Training, Time
- Frequency, Integration, Total Volume, Tmax
- Frequency, Intensity, Time, Type
127. All activities begin in which energy pathway?
128. Which of the following are categorized as carbohydrates?
- Sugar, animal proteins, starch
- Fiber, sugar, starch
- Starch, fiber, animal proteins
- Fiber, sugar, animal proteins
129. How is strength usually measured?
- 12-minute run walk assessment
- Push-up test
- Zipper stretch test
- 1RM test
130. A client completed 2 or more repetitions in the last 2 consecutive workouts. Which of the following indicates the client needs a load progression?
- Henneman's principle
- Karvonen formula
- 2-for-2 rule
- Harris-Benedict equation
131. The ATP/CP Pathway is best for which of the following activities?
- Running a marathon
- 100m sprint
- 30 minutes steady state cardio
- Tabata workout
132. Which of the following is encouraged for nutrition coaching for positive reinforcement?
- Calorie counting
- Macro counting
- Food journal
- Exercise journal
133. The "hunchback", or rounded appearance of the upper back is known as which postural deviation?
- Forward head
134. Which of the following is an example of a polyunsaturated fatty acid?
- Oleic acid
- Amino acids
- Vitamin K
135. Postural deviations can result in:
- Improved muscle balance, poor flexibility, proper spinal alignment, injury predisposition
- Poor muscle balance, improved flexibility, improper spinal alignment, injury predisposition
- Improved muscle balance, poor flexibility, improper spinal alignment, injury predisposition
- Poor muscle balance, poor flexibility, improper spinal alignment, injury predisposition
136. Myofibrils are constructed of overlapping strands of protein polymers known as which of the following?
- Actin and tropomyosin
- Tropin and myosin
- Tropoactin and myosin
- Actin and myosin
137. High Normal blood pressure is categorized as which of the following?
138. Which of the following determines how many meals a client should eat per day?
- The trainer's discretion
- Client preference
- According to how the client's body responds
- It should always be 5 meals per day
139. If a client is suffering from insulin shock, what should a trainer give them?
140. Which type of mover is MOST powerful during the contraction?
- Assistant mover
141. A client is 45 years old and has a resting heart rate of 75 bpm. Using the Karvonen formula, what is their target heart rate at an exercise intensity of 60%?
142. A conditioned client's resting heart rate will be which of the following?
- Less than 60 BPM
- 61-70 BPM
- 71-80 BPM
- More than 81 BPM
143. Which of the following measures exercise intensity?
- Rate of perceived exertion
- Daily caloric intake
- Basal metabolic rate
- Heinneman's Size Principle
144. Which of the following is the prime mover used in a pull-up?
- Latissimus dorsi
145. The incorporation of which of the following in a program can help reduce the extent of DOMS?
- Static stretching
146. Which type of stretching is beneficial for sports performance and involves momentum?
- Static stretching
- Self-myofascial release
- Contract-antagonist relax method
- Dynamic stretching
147. What is primarily responsible for strength gains in beginning clients?
- Hypertrophy adaptations
- Neural adaptations
- Environmental adaptations
- Anaerobic adaptations
148. The knee is stabilized on the anterior side by which muscle?
149. During which stage of the drawing-in phase should the liability waiver be signed?
- Stage 1
- Stage 3
- Stage 2
- Stage 5
150. Obesity and stress are confirmed risk factors for which of the following?
- Coronary heart disease
- Type II diabetes
- Kidney disease
151. Which of the following is an example of a behavior goal?
- Lose 10 pounds
- Increase back squat by 10 pounds
- Workout 3 days a week
- Decrease mile run time by 1 minute
152. Which of the following requires constant agonist-antagonist muscle contractions?
- Core integration
- Postural development
- Dynamic balance
- Neuromuscular strength
153. When levels of sodium in the blood are too low, which condition can occur?
- Decreased blood sugar
154. Which type of muscle arrangement runs parallel to the longitudinal axis of the muscle?
155. Which of the following ranges are needed to achieve maximum power when using 55-85% of 1RM?
- 3-5 reps, 3-5 sets
- 3-5 reps, 1-2 sets
- 1-2 reps, 1-2 sets
- 1-2 reps, 3-5 sets
156. A client with celiac disease asks for a nutrition plan, what should the trainer recommend?
- Refer to a dietician
- 3-day food log to prescribe meal plan
- A templated meal plan
- Give a breakdown of macronutrients
157. What occurs when exercise begins and the intake of oxygen doesn't immediately meet the demands?
- Oxygen deficit
- Oxygen debt
- Aerobic fitness
- Anaerobic fitness
158. What resistance training method divides one set into several mini-sets with rest?
159. Which of the following is a symptom of overtraining?
- Increase in body weight
- Decreased number of infections
- Lowered heart rate during exercise
- Decrease in performance
160. The gluteus maximus is located superior to which muscle?
- Biceps brachii
- Erector spinae
Unlock full access to Course Hero
Explore over 16 million step-by-step answers from our librarySubscribe to view answer
llentesque dapibus efficitur laoreet. Nam risus ante, dapibus a molestie con
s ante, dapibus a mol
molestie consequat, ultrices
usce dui lec
cing elit. Nam lacinia
e vel laoreet
usce dui lectus, cong
rem ipsum dolor sit
at, ultrices ac m
, dictum vita
ipsum dolor sit amet, c
itur laoreet. Nam risus
m risus ante, dapibus a mole