Asked by paulstrife
41. Where are Golgi tendon organs located? Within joint capsules...
41. Where are Golgi tendon organs located?
- Within joint capsules
- In the musculotendinous junction
- Within intrafusal (skeletal) muscle fibers near the musculotendinous junction
- Within extrafusal (skeletal) muscle fibers near the musculotendinous junction
42. What is the function of the Golgi tendon organ?
- To detect changes in the length of muscle fiber
- To minimize potential stored energy in the muscle tissue
- To maximize potential stored energy in the muscle tissue
- To prevent excessive muscle stretch or tension through inhibitory mechanisms
55. The muscles of the shoulder include the
- teres minor.
- serratus anterior.
59. The musculature of the lower body can be divided into three groups: muscles controlling the knee, muscles controlling the ankle and foot, and muscles controlling the
- lumbar spine.
- thoracic spine.
- sacroiliac joint.
60. The major dysfunctions a coach can observe at the foot and ankle include
- ankle eversion.
- ankle protraction.
- tibial tendon dysfunction.
61. To effectively activate the glutes and posterior chain during lower-body exercises, the feet must be
- rotated slightly inward.
- rotated slightly outward.
- set and grounded at midfoot.
- set and grounded with the weight toward the heels.
62. Preparation for a lower-body exercise starts
- in the pelvis.
- in the gluteals.
- from the floor up.
- by engaging the abdominals.
63. Power training, sometimes referred to as ballistic training, incorporates exercises producing maximum
- gains in muscle mass.
- force, irrespective of time.
- gains in strength endurance.
- force in the shortest duration of time.
64. The process of an individual muscle firing to create force is known as
- internal coordination.
- external coordination.
- intramuscular coordination.
- intermuscular coordination.
65. What is one of the simplest checks for overall mobility, and is commonly used by USA weightlifting for athlete preparation, and to test readiness for the snatch specifically?
- Apleyâs test
- Toe touch test
- Overhead squat
- Sit and reach flexibility test
66. While performing a reverse overhead medicine ball throw, how long shall the athlete pause in the semi-squat position before powerfully standing and executing the throw?
- One second
- Two seconds
- Three seconds
- Five seconds
67. Regarding the scope of practice for nutritional coaching, which of the following statements is correct?
- Laws and ordinances do not differ from state to state.
- OSHA outlines nutritional coaching restrictions by state.
- Nutritional coaching is outside the scope of practice for strength and conditioning professionals.
- Practice location changes the level and type of nutrition recommendations a trainer can offer clients.
68. Proteins containing enough essential amino acids to maintain the bodyâ??s normal growth rate and body weight are called
- required proteins.
- essential proteins.
- complete proteins.
- functional proteins.
Answered by muhatimandela
Unlock full access to Course Hero
Explore over 16 million step-by-step answers from our librarySubscribe to view answer
olor sit amet, consect
ec facilisis. Pe
inia pulvinar tortor nec facilisis. Pellentesque dapibus efficitur laoreet. Nam risus ante, dapibu
rem ipsum dolor sit