List and discuss the goals of history of physical activity.
2. List and discuss three ways in which a kinesiology practitioner might use knowledge
of physical activity history in her or his area of specialization.
3. Describe participation in physical activity in the United States during the following
4. Describe professional practice centered on physical activity in the United States
during the following three periods:
5. Describe scholarly knowledge about physical activity during the following three
Describe the main goal of philosophical study of physical activity, as well as the four
major kinds of issues it most commonly tackles.
3. Describe the three reasoning processes that serve as central research tools in
philosophical studies of physical activity.
4. Discuss the concept of blended unity of mind and body, as well as its implications for
school physical activity programs, research on physical activity, and the well-being of
competitive athletes. How does this concept constitute an improvement over
dualistic views of mind apart from body and over materialistic views that picture
persons as complex machines?
5. Explain the relationship between rules and skills in sport. Why is this relationship
relevant to competition?
6. Discuss dutylike play, sport, and physical activity and how people relate to and
experience these types of activity.
204,222 students got unstuck by Course
Hero in the last week
Our Expert Tutors provide step by step solutions to help you excel in your courses