H07 Medical Coding I
Directions: Be sure to make an electronic copy of your answer before submitting it to Ashworth College for grading. Unless otherwise stated, answer in complete sentences, and be sure to use correct English spelling and grammar. Sources must be cited in APA format. Your response should be two (2) to four (4) pages in length; refer to the "Assignment Format" page for specific format requirements.
Lesson 1, 2, 3, and 4 of this course has covered a wide variety of topics. Thus far, you have learned a great deal of information on health insurance, medical contracts, HIPAA, physician and hospital medical billing, and Medicare and Medicaid.
For this writing assignment, please explain why the following course objectives are important for medical billers and coder to understand:
1. Understand the history and impact of health insurance on health care reimbursement process and recognize various types of health insurance coverage.
2. Identify the key elements of a managed care contract and identify the role HIPAA plays in the health care industry.
3. Recognize and explain the different components of physician and hospital billing and differentiate between the two types of services.
4. Explain the difference between Medicare and Medicaid billing.
Please include at least 3 scholarly articles within your response. Overall response will be formatted according to APA style and the total assignment should be between 2-4 pages not including title page and reference page.
Recently Asked Questions
- Discuss if/how there are similarities/differences over the years (e.g. in the messages about love, sex, relationships and family) and how these can be
- What is the best care plan for a child that has sickle cell disease. For what do you give them medication.
- Two pivotal works that were important in helping define modern music were Claude Debussy’s Prelude to The Afternoon of a Faun and Igor Stravinsky’s