H07 Medical Coding I
Directions: Be sure to make an electronic copy of your answer before submitting it to Ashworth College for grading. Unless otherwise stated, answer in complete sentences, and be sure to use correct English spelling and grammar. Sources must be cited in APA format. Your response should be two (2) to four (4) pages in length; refer to the "Assignment Format" page for specific format requirements.
Lesson 1, 2, 3, and 4 of this course has covered a wide variety of topics. Thus far, you have learned a great deal of information on health insurance, medical contracts, HIPAA, physician and hospital medical billing, and Medicare and Medicaid.
For this writing assignment, please explain why the following course objectives are important for medical billers and coder to understand:
1. Understand the history and impact of health insurance on health care reimbursement process and recognize various types of health insurance coverage.
2. Identify the key elements of a managed care contract and identify the role HIPAA plays in the health care industry.
3. Recognize and explain the different components of physician and hospital billing and differentiate between the two types of services.
4. Explain the difference between Medicare and Medicaid billing.
Please include at least 3 scholarly articles within your response. Overall response will be formatted according to APA style and the total assignment should be between 2-4 pages not including title page and reference page.
Recently Asked Questions
- In an enzyme catalyzed reaction the reactant is called the 1 point
- In the northern hemisphere, and from the north pole to the equator, we can observe hemispheric-scale latitudinal bands, where specific processes dominate.
- Explain the Importance of aggregate planning to supply chain and partners within Amazon.com