is this a good intro? I have a research paper to write about French women during wwII
In 1939, France declared war after the German invasion of Poland, but I did not last long, as it was surrendered to Germany on June 22, 1940. The country lasted four years under the Vichy regime of the Marshal Petain, who collaborated with the Nazis. Lastly, in October 1944, the Provisional Government of the French Republic finally replaced the occupation1, and oversaw the reconstruction of the French State until the elections of 1947 that established the Fourth Republic.
It is under these events that French women had to find their place regarding war and occupation.
Their emancipation is understood as a process of being set free from legal, social, political restriction, as well as a fight for self-determination2. This liberation will be more or less acquired by years of women's struggles and campaigns for equality, as the French society at this time would not allowed it. As a matter of fact, under the Vichy regime, the Marshal Phillipe Petain changed national values, reinforcing traditional patriarchal power. "Work, Family, Fatherland" was the new French motto during world war II3. Thus, women had the "mother" role, away from any politic or public scenes at this time.
It is why we can ask ourselves what roles did French women had during this period that affected their emancipation? How did those roles affected the decision of the Provisional Government to grant them the vote in 1944? This paper will treat how and if wartime experiences changed French women's post-war lives with a first part concerning the role of women as mothers during war, then in a second part I will address the French traditions and how the regime valued women in France at that time, thus the last part will cover the place of women in the French resistance.
and my plan is
1. INTRODUCTION (what is the topic)
A. Background/context (source) + quick intro
B. Def of emancipation + key terms
C. Society at this time/ what is patriarchal/ more precise context
D. Thesis + plan organization
2. BODY (role of women in the society)
A. Role of women as mothers and not more
1) Mothers for Petain, had to take care of children/ life without men: feminine ideal for the nation
2) Considered as weak/not strong enough to participate at war/pregnancy: could not be deployed to the battle field
B. Traditions of French people regarding women, their values
1) Lack of expertise/ no women at school
2) Values of women/ No women in the workplace/ Stats...
C. Women in the resistance under Vichy
1) New role: women more active/concerned about war
2) Real strikes for the elevation of women's status (big figures of the resistance...)
3. CONCLUSION (how much was women status elevated by the wartime experience)
B. Vote in 1944
C. Feminism figures
D. More women in the workplace
is that a good planjQuery20005435618862820174_1522862069460
And also, I was looking for a catchy first sentence, if you have any idea?
Recently Asked Questions
- Why does the BRFSS have such a larger sample size than the NHANES
- High school seniors with strong academic records apply to the nation's most selective colleges in greater number each year. Because the number of slots remains
- 1.a bank promises you 5000 in five years if you deposit 1500 today. what annually compounded rate of interest is prommised to you? your father has 800,000