Analyzing a Historical Debate
analyze an historical issue from the second half of United States History (post-1877). You will need to compare at least two opposing perspectives on that issue. Please pick one of the Paper Options (see "Paper Option" folder below) provided by the instructor. After selecting a folder, you will analyze the topic and sources provided by the instructor. Please submit your paper on this link and the Historical Debate Paper (2nd Submission) link below by the due date. I will not accept the paper unless it is submitted this way.
Part I: Introduction
1. Describe in general the issue that is debated:
For example, you may analyze the importance of this issue important to the culture, economics, political system, or social structure at the time.
Part II: Historical Debate
2. What is the main argument in each perspective? On what points do they agree or disagree?
3. Analyze the evidence that is provided to support each thesis: What types of evidence are used? Does the evidence support the thesis?
Part III. Conclusion
4. How did the reading(s) change the way in which you understood the subject?
5. How are the issues presented in the reading(s) still relevant to you today? Please explain how your personal background and life experiences might influence your perspective on this topic?
6. Imagine that you have been asked to tackle a current national or global issue. How would you use the readings to help you do so?