1. Name Gregory VII's five (5) most assertive claims of papacy over kings & lay lords:
2. Name the several actions Innocent III did from his position of papal supremacy.
3. What unusual action did Innocent III take on a region of France to get the compliance of the French king?
4. Explain what was the power claimed by both popes. And who won the struggle ultimately?
B. From Chapter 11's Textbox "Boniface VIII's Defense of Papal Supremacy" answer the following (10 pts):
5. What claims does Boniface VIII make in Unam Sanctam? To what extent are these claims a logical continuation of the development of the papacy in the Middle Ages? If you were a monarch, why would you object to this papal bull?
Recently Asked Questions
- Scenario : Monetary Approach in the Long-run What is the expected rate of real depreciation for the U . S . versus the United Kingdom ?
- If the U . S . interest rate is 4 % per year and the U . K . interest rate is 9 % per year , which of the following statements is true ?
- 2 . What is the profit maximizing price ? Points : 1