Sample Job Description HR Manager
Develops policy and directs and coordinates human resources activities, such as employment, compensation, labor relations, benefits, training, and employee services by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance. Studies legislation, arbitration decisions, and collective bargaining contracts to assess industry trends.
· Writes and delivers presentations to corporate officers or government officials regarding human resources policies and practices.
· Recruits, interviews, tests, and selects employees to fill vacant positions.
· Plans and conducts new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward Company goals.
· Advises management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
· Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
· Administers performance review program to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and equity within organization. Administers salary administration program to ensure compliance and equity within organization.
· Administers benefits programs such as life, health, and dental insurance, pension plans, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, and employee assistance.
· Conducts wage surveys within labor market to determine competitive wage rate.
· Prepares budget of human resources operations.
· Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation, and conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
· Represents organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations.
Education and Experience
A minimum of a Human Resources Certificate from an Ontario College.
One to two years related experience.
CHRP designation is required.
Question 1 : Individually and then collectively determine 5 key competencies (KSAOs) for a Human Resources Manager by using the attached job description. Why these 5? It might be difficult to limit yourself to 5; if that is the case and you determine there are more key competencies tell me which ones and why. Once determined you will then list these competencies in order of importance, from most to least. Explain why you put these in this particular order .
Question 2 :Write four questions (in total, not each) you would ask to assess the competencies. Why did you choose these specific questions i.e. what competencies are you trying to measure?
Here is the solution... View the full answer
- Can you please answer - hy did you choose these specific questions i.e. what competencies are you trying to measure?
- Apr 05, 2018 at 10:35am
- it has to be detailed
- Apr 05, 2018 at 10:35am