BU450 Leadership Skills
This chapter presents a case of a manager who must implement several unpopular changes that he/she does not agree with and that come on the heels of other recent changes. There has been no input into the change and it is implemented top-down. None of the recommended processes for successful change in this chapter have been implemented. There has not been a period of unfreezing, although some of the changes may be appropriate, and there was little freezing last time change was announced.
The case is relatively typical of what mid-level leaders face in many organizations. They are charged with putting in places changes without much warning or input. Imagine you are the manager in this situation.
- Describe two (2) ways that you could you approach the team.
- How much of your personal feeling should you share? Provide one (1) supporting fact to justify your position.
- Describe four (4) key actions that you should take.
Recently Asked Questions
- What is ANOVA and WHY do we use ANOVA? What are some test examples?
- Using the expanded accounting equation, calculate and enter the answers for each question. You will need to use the answers you calculate for beginning and
- Study Performing a make or buy analysis at ABC Electronics ABC Electronics’ new product design function is in the concept development stage of a new product.