BU450 Leadership Skills
This chapter presents a case of a manager who must implement several unpopular changes that he/she does not agree with and that come on the heels of other recent changes. There has been no input into the change and it is implemented top-down. None of the recommended processes for successful change in this chapter have been implemented. There has not been a period of unfreezing, although some of the changes may be appropriate, and there was little freezing last time change was announced.
The case is relatively typical of what mid-level leaders face in many organizations. They are charged with putting in places changes without much warning or input. Imagine you are the manager in this situation.
- Describe two (2) ways that you could you approach the team.
- How much of your personal feeling should you share? Provide one (1) supporting fact to justify your position.
- Describe four (4) key actions that you should take.
Recently Asked Questions
- 1.how do I calculate the sum? 6 ∑ 4j+1 j=3 2. Using the Closed Form 99 ∑ 3+5i i=0 what is the formula that gives the correct value?
- If 2,500 shares of $0.01 par value common stock are issued to investors for cash at $25 per share, what would be the journal entry?
- Your assignment is to find, record, and cite the definitions of two classical theories of ethics: 1. Utilitarianism: 2. Categorical Imperative: C. Values are