1. Review the additional information provided for JKL ,external business environment and identify possible impact on human resources requirements.
2. Arrange with your assessor to consult with two managers to determine HR requirements:
a. Service Manager
b. Sales Manager
3. Prepare a 1-2 page report on human resources needs that includes:
a. a discussion of human resources needs gathered from:
- analysis of business documentation
- consultation with internal stakeholders
- a review of the external business environment.
b. a discussion of at least two options to meet human resources needs and discuss the risks associated with each (relate risks to your review of external business environment), such as:
- labour market skills shortages
- slow economic growth
- business confidence
- uncertainty in environmental regulatory environment
a. return on investment (ROI) calculation and analysis for each option
b. recommendations to meet HR needs including recommendations for service level agreement/s
c. a discussion of HR strategies to deliver HR services in accordance with business needs, diversity, and anti-discrimination policy.
1. Prepare an action plan to communicate and implement recommendations over the next four weeks. (You may use the template provided in additional information). Include:
b. roles and responsibilities (include roles for HR team, line managers, senior managers, external parties, etc. as required for implementation)
c. resources required; including financial resources and technology for communication to stakeholders (both internal and external)
d. strategies and tactics to ensure successful implementation, including monitoring activities and technology required to collect and manage data in accordance with policies and procedures
e. activities - you need to include the activities required to communicate and promote changes, to communicate SLAs (for implementation in Assessment Task 2), and to implement your recommendations to meet HR requirements.
2. Arrange with assessor to meet and role-play meeting with Operations Manager to approve action planning and make revisions as required.
● participate in three role-plays with the:
○ Service Manager
○ Sales Manager
○ Operations Manager
● submit a 1-2 page report on HR requirements and recommendations
● submit action plan (revised as required by Operations Manager in role-play).
Note: ensure deliverables adhere to recordkeeping policy, particularly file-naming conventions.
Your assessor will be looking for:
● analytical and problem‑solving skills to review business and operational plans and to develop and evaluate human resources strategies to support the organisational plans
● communication and negotiation skills to consult with key stakeholders across the organisation and ensure their support for human resources strategies
● learning skills to see that performance is managed and skills are developed in a range of contexts
● technology skills to: ○ communicate with key stakeholders
○ support HR functions, including data collection and managing information according to legislation and organisational policies
● knowledge of human resources strategies and planning processes as they relate to business and operational plans
● knowledge of performance and contract management
● knowledge of relevant legislation that applies to human resources.