Develop a procedure for identifying people for inclusion in an anticipated layoff. This must use some process other than straight institutional seniority. Next, defend this model and explain why you believe it to be legal and non-discriminatory. Finally, describe how you believe your model serves the organization while being as fair as possible to the affected employees.
Human resources (HR) personnel make decisions daily that affect the lives of many individuals. They typically follow established policies and procedures of an organization. Human resources personnel infrequently consider the ethical and moral dimensions of their decisions. The activities described in chapter 18 concentrate on the ethical and moral components of a situation involving HR aspects of an organization.
Read the Case Study: Balancing Needs found in chapter 18. Develop a critique of the behavior of certain members of the board of directors who were involved in the case study described in the chapter. Identify and describe the principal error in board behavior that encompassed the majority of events that went wrong. In doing so, consider the following:
1. What are the human resource responsibilities of a board of directors?
2. What conflicts of interest had to be resolved?
3. What was the potential conflict of confidentiality? Why was it a problem?
4. Why was the Ethic of Critique important in this situation?
5. Why was the Ethic of Justice important in this situation?
6. Why was the Ethic of Caring important in this situation?
7. Why was the Principle of Equal Respect important in this situation?
8. Why was the Principle of Benefit Maximization important in this situation?
9. Was ignoring the problem an option? Why?
10. What was the first HR error to be made?
11. When did the situation become unable to be resolved? Why?
Arbitration is appropriate when two parties know they will be unable to resolve a dispute by negotiation or mediation. Explain the circumstances under which both parties are likely to agree to arbitration, and describe what is likely to occur if one party adamantly holds out for a court proceeding while the other is adamantly opposed to such an outcome.
Recently Asked Questions
- Consider a square whose sides are of length 1.34m. Three of the corners are occupied by 2.80×10 -6 C charges. Calculate the magnitude of the electric field at
- What does the scientist mean when they say that white blood cells would not be “fast or smart enough if we hadn’t whipped them along by a prior
- This is a Java program using ArrayLists. Develop a program that stores the College’s Students’ information. The program should support the following