For this activity, you are the Training Director for Izzon. This company has recently lost a lawsuit for
discrimination against a minority employee. Since there is no existing policy for diversity management within this company, it is your job to provide a design for this program. The program, in your own words, should include the following.
1. A definition of workforce diversity
2. What is involved in managing diversity
3. Three (3) reasons why workforce diversity is important for this company
4. Four (4) ways in which workforce diversity should be managed within this company
5. Ten (10) characteristics of successful workforce diversity efforts
6. Five (5) ways to measure the program
In addition, the material that you write should be substantiated and documented whenever applicable, with diversity data from the website for Texaco: www.texaco.com. Since Texaco recently faced a lawsuit for lack of proper diversity management, relevant information can be acquired from the current issues/diversity section of this company website.
Recently Asked Questions
- Many employers use progressive discipline programs to manage employees that are not performing.How might this approach weaken the Employee at Will doctrine?
- The Employment at Will doctrine states than an employer can terminate an employee, at any time, for any reasons or for no reason at all.Identify at least two
- the manufacturing cost of the widgets your company makes has dropped by 50%. One of your customers, Sam, tells you he knows this because he is best friends