1. Explain TWO (2) different types of pay for rewarding individual performance. Discuss the
advantages and disadvantages of each.
2. How can organisations meet the challenge of providing learning opportunities for employees that are integrated with the business strategy that lead to organisational performance outcomes?
3. Critically discuss the differences and similarities between diversity and equal employment opportunity. Which approach is likely to be more effective for organisations and why?
4. (a) Discuss the various purposes of Performance Management Systems. Briefly discuss the five criteria that measure the effectiveness of a Performance Management System.
(b) Using recent literature, discuss FOUR limitations of Performance Management Systems.
5. If excessive employee turnover is reflective of poor HRM, why do so few organisations successfully manage this? Discuss, giving specific examples.
6. Define what is meant by the concept of 'employee empowerment'. How can a human resource system be designed to enhance employee empowerment?