Purpose: This worksheet provides experience working with simple hash functions.
Instructions: Complete the steps below.
1. Familiarize yourself with the simple hash function on pp 68-69 of your text.
2. Familiarize yourself with the American Standard Code for Information Interchange (ASCII) chart listed in your reading assignment.
3. Using the ASCII chart as a guide, convert the following phrase to hexadecimal and then binary by using the table below:
Please note that this sentence is case sensitive, and that there is a space between the two words and a period after the second word. This hash function uses a block size of 8. The first line of this table is completed to provide an example of how it is done.
Hex 27 26 25 24 23 22 21 20
S 53 0 1 0 1 0 0 1 1
4. Using the XOR function, compute the value for each column and enter it in the space provided.
5. Convert your hash value to hexadecimal and record it here: ___________________________
Recently Asked Questions
- CASE 1 Your client, BZ Limited (BZ), operates brewery and bottling plants in various locations around the world. Each country has a Regional Processing Centre
- What concrete things do you think that we can do to protect other species in a world where our footprint is growing beyond carrying capacity?
- Damasio ’ s patients had damage to the _______________ lobe .