Purpose: This worksheet provides experience working with simple hash functions.
Instructions: Complete the steps below.
1. Familiarize yourself with the simple hash function on pp 68-69 of your text.
2. Familiarize yourself with the American Standard Code for Information Interchange (ASCII) chart listed in your reading assignment.
3. Using the ASCII chart as a guide, convert the following phrase to hexadecimal and then binary by using the table below:
Please note that this sentence is case sensitive, and that there is a space between the two words and a period after the second word. This hash function uses a block size of 8. The first line of this table is completed to provide an example of how it is done.
Hex 27 26 25 24 23 22 21 20
S 53 0 1 0 1 0 0 1 1
4. Using the XOR function, compute the value for each column and enter it in the space provided.
5. Convert your hash value to hexadecimal and record it here: ___________________________
Recently Asked Questions
- Explain, in detail, the theory of plate tectonics. Include a discussion of supporting evidence, the scientists who contributed, and its effect on the
- what should we expect to be the company's (EVA) if it invested capital is $98.2 billion, it has an ROE of 10.1% as well as Wacc of 4.1% and equity multiplier
- I made a code that prompt the user for the name of beer and how many pints they want so I can calculate the total cost of the beverage. However, when I run the