Mandatory access control is based on what type of mmodel?
b. Group based
c. Lattice based
d. Rule based
The answer to this question... View the full answer
- Right, I just was unsure because I thought Rule Based Access Controls were different and I wasn't sure if they both count as based on the same thing?
- Aug 12, 2018 at 6:39pm
- I have gone through the question again and realized that since we have 4 access control models, the rule based is likely not to apply to mandatory access in this case.
- Aug 12, 2018 at 6:53pm
- The mandatory access is much likely to affect a group by applying a rule other than purely based on rules. This makes mandatory access a group based model.
- Aug 12, 2018 at 6:55pm
- A group based model works in that only an approved group of individuals can access a given set of information or data while a group that does not have clearance cannot do this. It appears as a rule but it is much of a group policy.
- Aug 12, 2018 at 6:57pm
- Okay, that is what I was leaning towards too, thank you
- Aug 12, 2018 at 7:02pm
- You are much welcome.
- Aug 12, 2018 at 7:03pm
- The answer for this should be choice b. Group based
- Aug 12, 2018 at 7:04pm
- Reference this just in case: https://www.techotopia.com/index.php/Mandatory,_Discretionary,_Role_and_Rule_Based_Access_Control
- Aug 12, 2018 at 7:06pm