Information technology and management information systems allow organizations, regardless of size, to communicate, collaborate, share information, make data driven decisions, and monitor all aspects of performance.
Imagine you have a friend who runs a small business and this person is interested in taking advantage of information technology and management information systems to take the business to the next level. Your friend has come to you to get some information to consider in the decision to pursue IT and MIS enhancements.
Select any two of the following three bullet points for your initial post.
- Discuss specific ways information technology can benefit as well as negatively impact the business with respect to hardware, software, and trained staff.
- Explain how a customer relationship management system can help businesses improve profitability.
- From your own experience or a business setting of which you are aware, provide an example of a situation that demonstrates the importance of information technology in the efficient delivery of a product or service.
By the due date assigned, respond to the assigned discussion questions and submit your responses to the appropriate topic in this Discussion Area.
Respond to the assigned questions using the lessons and vocabulary found in the reading.
Support your answers with examples and research and cite your research.
Start reviewing and responding to the postings of your classmates as early in the week as possible.
Recently Asked Questions
- The axis of symmetry of a parabola is x=6, and one point on the parabola is (2,8). What is another point on the parabola
- Can you please help me find out how to find the answer to the difference quotient? Thank you.
- 1. You are preparing food for your 5 year old child, sibling, or borrowed child. You accidentally overheat 200 grams of spaghettios (we will assume a specific