You are to build a model to predict whether a cowboy/cowgirl in western
movies is good or bad (target variable or dependent variable). Your decision is based on three easily observable features (independent variables), namely Left or Right-Handed, Hat Color, and Age Range.
Finish the following tasks by using the following table. Besides the final answers, also show the process of the calculation.
1. Calculate the Entropy of the entire data set with 10 data points.
2. Calculate the Information Gains for each one of the three features (independent variables).
3. Which one of the three features is the most informative feature?
4. Categorize the entire data set into multiple sub-sets/segments by using the most informative feature. Calculate the probability estimations for each segments by applying Laplace correction.
Name Left or Right-Handed Hat Color Age Range Good or Bad
James Right White 20's Good
Jack Right Black 30's Bad
Jeff Left Black 20's Bad
Jason Left Black 20's Good
Jane Left White 40's Good
Jeremy Right Black 40's Bad
Joe Right White 30's Good
Jenny Left White 30's Good
Joyce Left Black 40's Bad
Jake Right White 40's Good
Save your homework as hw01.docx. Submit your file to the Canvas system using the submission system.
Recently Asked Questions
- Consider also the management, organization, and technology issues should they decide to move from a traditional bureaucracy to a flatter organization.
- On Information Systems... Explain the strategies organisations could use information systems for with regards to business processes.
- What are the global issues that would affect information security policies, especially policies that may be in place today, within an Information Technology