Central and South America are in close proximity to the United States. This area poses unique issues to America as
the conflict in the region results in people leaving their homeland for a new life in America. There are indicators that international terrorist groups like Hezbollah have established cells in Central and South America, which leads to a central question: What role does a state sponsor of terrorism play in Central and South America?
In Week 1, you looked at the root causes of terrorism - political, cultural, economic, societal, and/or religious. To prepare for this week's discussion, you will need to gain a basic understanding of a Central or South American terrorist group.
In your initial post,
- Identify the motivator behind the terrorist organization (political, culture, economy, society, or religion) that you think has had the greatest catalyst to spur terrorism by this organization.
- Examine the motivator from the perspective of one or more international terrorist organizations or one or more domestic terrorist organizations.
- Describe what underlying motivators led to the forming of the terrorist organization by addressing the following:
- Identify the grievances of the terrorist group.
- Identify the goals and actions of the group.
- Explain whether the group has popular support.
- Assess whether there a link to Islamic jihad.
- Discuss if this group poses a threat to the U.S.
. Be sure to cite your sources for your initial research. You must utilize a minimum of two scholarly and/or credible sources, and one source
Recently Asked Questions
- Critics of the tobacco industry allege that in developing markets cigarette manufacturers create special tobacco blends that contain additives to give an extra
- Why is it difficult for states to make "credible commitments" in international politics? Describe some of the problematic consequences that result from this
- Suppose you were asked to recommend changes to the UN Security Council (i.e in permanent membership, veto power, etc.).Q.1) What changes would you recommend,