Write an essay on the following case study below all of them according those question.
- A software development company has just produced a new software package that incorporates the new tax laws and figures taxes for both individuals and small businesses. The president of the company knows that the program has a number of bugs. He also believes the first firm to put this kind of software on the market is likely to capture the largest market share. The company widely advertises the program. When the company actually ships a CD, it includes a disclaimer of responsibility for errors resulting from the use of the program. The company expects it will receive a number of complaints, queries, and suggestions for modification. The company plans to use these to make changes and eventually issue updated, improved, and debugged versions. The president argues that this is general industry policy and that anyone who buys version 1.0 of a program knows this and will take proper precautions. Because of bugs, a number of users filed incorrect tax returns and were penalised by the ATO.
Reference: Australian Computer Society (2012). ACS Code of Ethics Case Studies & Related Clauses to the Code of Conduct
• present an introduction (or background) about the case study (6 marks);
• include at least two ethical theories to support your answer (2 x 5 marks);
• Include examples of professional Codes of Ethics to support your answer (6 marks);
• present a conclusion that briefly outlines your point of view (4 marks); and
• ensure that your essay is well written and structured (4 marks).
Recently Asked Questions
- Use NetBeans for this assignment. make a compressed zip file Do not use enhanced for loop (for each loop) to process the array. OOP and Array (Array of
- According to Dunfee, surveys of senior managers found that: Most of them were ethical. Most did not care about morality. Most supported a monotonic approach.
- How is concavity determined for an interval on a given function.