: Create a Book Rating System (BRS). The BRS will contain a catalog of books that can be
managed, viewed, reviewed, and rated.
The Book Rating System (BRS) has two main components
a) the book catalog management component
b) book catalog viewing and rating component.
Book Catalog Management Component
The book catalog management component should avail an admin user with the following functionalities:
1. Require the user to login to access the admin role. Use user name "admin" and password
2. Ability the admin the ability to add, update, and delete books from the catalog.
3. A new book should consist of an ISBN, title, description, name of author, publication date, price,
and number copies sold. You may limit the number of book in the system to 10 if you want to
store them in an array.
4. The user should be able to search for a book via an ISBN or a title. If the user selects to search by
title they should only have to enter a portion of the title and the matches should not be case-
sensitive. You will receive extra points if the search string matches multiple books in the
database and the program returns all matches and allows the user to select from the matches.
5. The update should allow the user to update any information about the book except the user
ratings/comments. The program should display all updateable info about the book and allow the
user to pick what data to update and what the new data is.
Book Catalog Viewing and Rating Component
The book catalog viewing and rating component allows any user (no login necessary) to perform the
1. Search and view books. Use the same search as in the admin menu. The selected book should
remain active for options 2-4 until the user searches for a different book. Display all info about
the book after the user selects it.
2. Add a rating to a book using a rating scale or 1 to 10.
3. Add a comment to a book.
4. Add the ability to like an existing comment. The system should display a numbered list of
comments and how many likes each comment has and allow the user to select the number of
the comment that they want to like. You can limit the number of comments per book to 10 if
you want to use arrays.
How to Calculate the Rating
Rating calculation can be as simple as average of all the rates given book has received.
Command line Menu:
1) Admin Menu
2) User Menu
3) Display all books
If the user selects 4 double check they really want to exit. If the user selects 1 from the Main Menu it
should display the Admin Menu with the following options:
1) Add new book
2) Update book
3) Delete book
4) Return to Main Menu
Implement these options for admin activities.
If the user selects 2 from the Main Menu it should display the User Menu with the following options:
1) Search book
2) Rate book
3) Add comment to book
4) Like a comment about a book
5) Return to Main Menu
Implement these options for user activities.
: Make sure you implement the project by following object-oriented design paradigm. This means
you need objects. You need at minimum a Book class that encapsulates all information about a book and
a Comment class that encapsulates all information about a comment. You will not like your grade if
those classes do not exist.
Bonus Point: You could earn up to 50 points by adding additional features. How many points your
additional features will get depends on their complexity and practicality in the specified domain.
Recently Asked Questions
- four paragraphs detailing the ways in which the following technologies may be used for the purpose of enabling flexible team working Telephones Video
- The symbol for variance in the ANOVA is: a.) MS , which stands for mean square. b.) MS 2 , which stands for mean square. c.) s 2 , which stands for standard
- hi tutor how to explain in detail Hyman Minsky's Financial Instability Hypothesis, using a balance sheet approach. How can stability be destabilising,