- What is a policy a person purchases to prevent having to pay a full settlement in a lawsuit?
- Behaviors that are harmful to others or society are known as what?
- Illegal acts
- Harmful acts
- Injurious acts
- Wrongful acts
- The McDonalds Coffee Case is one of the most controversial tort lawsuits in this country.
- Being which of the following means being responsible for an action or person?
- Negligent torts are those that involve carelessness on the part of individuals.
- Monetary awards given to those injured in a tort case are known as which of the following?
- The code of behaviors and punishments that the US Court system has devised in answer to tort violations is known as which of the following?
- Tort law
- Civil law
- Reasonable law
- Liability law
- A process where manufacturers pull defective products from the market is known as which of the following?
- Product Liability
- Standard of Care
- Most criminals will also face tort civil cases after they are convicted of their crimes.
- Who are the individuals who violate tort statutes or laws?
- Those who knowingly violate torts are committing strict liability torts.
- Tort cases fall only under the jurisdiction of the state criminal courts.
- A person who can make decisions based on logical evidence is defined as which of the following?
- Reasonable person
- Logical person
- Medical professionals are not held to a higher standard of care than others.
- OJ Simpson's case is an example of both a civil case and a criminal case being brought for the same acts.