Answer the following two questions. Each questions response should be 150 words and use one reference.
- In what texts can you identify “overlap” between the abolitionist and feminist causes. What arguments are made for both liberty and women’s rights? Why, for many women writers, did these two causes align?
- As was true of male writers, women writers were not united in all their views. What do you see as relevant differences in the writing of the women of this period? What impediments to change did women face?
Must cite from following resources:
- "Lydia Howard Huntley Sigourney" and all poems
- "Jane Johnston Schoolcraft" and all writings
- "Caroline Stansbury Kirkland" and all writings
- "Lydia Maria Child," “The Quadroons,” and “Letters from New York”
- Margaret Fuller," “The Great Lawsuit,” and “Review of Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass”
- “Slavery, Race, and the Making of American Literature”
- "David Walker" and “From David Walker’s Appeal in Four Articles”
- "William Lloyd Garrison" and “To the Public”
- "Angelina E. Grimke" and “From Appeal to the Christian Women of the South”
- Sojourner Truth and “Speech to the Women’s Rights Convention in Akron, Ohio, 1851”
- "Harriet Beecher Stowe" and "Uncle Tom’s Cabin; or, Life among the Lowly" Volume 1
- "Harriet Jacobs" and “Incidents in the Life of a Slave Girl”
- "William Wells Brown" and all included writings
- "Frederick Douglass," "Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass, an American Slave, Written by Himself," “What to the Slave Is the Fourth of July?” and “The Heroic Slave”
This question was asked on Apr 18, 2016.
Recently Asked Questions
- Can I get help with the attached: * Statement of problem or problem(s) facing the firm. State the problem(s) clearly and succinctly. Explain why you believe it
- Production Engineering PTRE 421 1. Calculate the wellhead pressure for the production of 3000 bbl/d of oil with a density of 0.80 g/cm 3 and a
- Reflect on skills and traits that might be necessary for leadership within a public health setting. Also, think about how traits and skills may relate to your