Social Work Research II
Empirical Article Critique
Title : Organizational Justice and Social Workers' Intentions to Leave Agency Positions
Please read the document with the title mentioned above that I uploaded and answer the following questions
1. What are the units of analysis of this study?
c. Both individual and organization
d. None or the above
2. In this study, in order to confirm reliability and validity on the measures and items, the authors performed _________________?
3. The finding of this study shows a _____________ relationship between burnout and intention to leave among social workers
4. In this study, what level of measurement was used to measure "education" variable?
5. In this study, what level of measurement was used to measure "organizational justice" variable?
d. None of the above
6. All of the following are individual level covariates (individual factors). EXCEPT for _____________
a. Job tenure
c. Number of Staff
d. Depression score
7. Refer to table 1, what type of central tendency measure was used for the "burnout" variable?
8. What is the most appropriate central tendency measure for the "education" variable?
d. Standard deviation
9. In this study, what kind of sampling method was used?
a. Snowball sampling
b. Simple random sampling
c. Stratified sampling
d. Multistage cluster sampling
10. According to this study, what was the only significant predictor of intention to leave among organizational level variables?
a. Type of center
b. Number of staff
c. Type of administrative body
d. Organizational justice
11. In this study, what is the dependent variable?
12. According to this study, current research generally classifies organizational justice into two aspects. What are these two aspects?
13. In order to measure depression, the authors used a revised the Beck Depression Inventory (BDI). What was the Cronbach's alpha level for this scale?
14. How many "male" social workers were investigated in this study?
15. What is an important limitation of this study the authors discussed?