Database Design Assignment I -Part I:
- Describe at least three specific problems with the Book List above (hint: look for redundant information).
- make a listing that represents the entities and attributes in the Book List. Select or makes an appropriate primary key column for each entity. Make sure your data is atomic. List at least three entities: Book, Author, and Publisher.
Example of a Listing:
EntityName(primary key, attribute1,attribute2,attribute3)
where: EntityName <--- name of your entity (e.g. Book)
attribute1 <---- an attribute that goes with this entity (e.g.Title)
Book(Book_Num, Title, Year, Price )
Author (Author_Num, Last_Name, First_Name, Year_Born, Year_Died )
Publisher (Publisher_Num, Publisher_Name, City, State)
Book_Num, Author_Num, Publisher_Num are primary keys
Book_Num is directly from the table
Author_Num and Publisher_Num are surrogate keys
Author_Num and Publisher_Num are autonumber
COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING:
3. Write statements to make a table for each entity defined above. Choose the appropriate data type for each column. Use auto number columns for any surrogate keys.
4. Using the data from the Book List create INSERT INTO statements to insert
- the unique authors into the Author table
- the books into the Book table (do not be concerned with the related author or publisher data)
- the unique publishers into the Publisher table
5. a statement that will increase all of the book prices by 10%
6. a statement that will delete book 75.
7. Write statements to display the structure of all your tables.
8. Write statements to display all the records of all of your tables.
9. Write statements to delete all the records from your tables.
10. Write statements to completely remove all the tables you have created in step#3.
Recently Asked Questions
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from CH17EPSHayleyShostak.docx. Additional comments: "where does the
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from managerial 4.
- Please help with this calculus problem. Thank you for your help.