Export Subsidies (Large Country) (10pts)
1. Assume Brazil produces
2. Assume the world price under free trade is $0.25 per kilo.
4. A government export subsidy is put in effect of $0.15 per kilo exported.
3. Before the subsidy, the country consumes 145,000,000 kilo per year. It produces 180,000,000 Kilo 5. After the subsidy, domestic production grows to 245,000,000 kilos and domestic consumption falls to 115,000,000 kilos
6. The world price of Sugar falls to 0.20 per kilo.
What is the gain to producers?
What is the consumption effect?
What is the consumer loss?
What is the net national loss?
Recently Asked Questions
- In Zimbabwe the rate of inflation is very high with prices increasing tenfold every day. At that rate, how much would a $100 textbook cost one week later?
- If the average worker produces $100,000 of GDP, by how much will GDP increase if there are 150 million labor force participants and the unemployment rate drops
- If an economy has to sacrifice increasing amounts of good X for each unit of good Y produced, then its production possibility frontier is: