Consider the human capital growth model. Let us make the following changes. Depending on whether the current
calendar year is an odd or even number, the efficiency parameter of the human capital accumulation technology changes between 5.15 and 2.04. In particular, when the calendar year is an odd number (for example in years 1 and 3) the parameter b is 5.15 and z is 6. However, in even years (for example in years 2 and 4) the parameter is 2.04 and z is 3. Also, let us assume that in each odd year u = 0.8 and in each even year u = 0.5. Let the human capital level at the beginning of period 1 be H1 = 1. Each consumer has one unit of time which can be allocated between work and accumulating human capital.
1. Calculate the human capital level for years 2, 3 and 4.
2. Calculate the consumption level for years 2, 3 and 4.
3. After how many years will the consumption double?
Recently Asked Questions
- Calculate the index for 2017 assuming the base year is 2015. Consider the following basket of goods and services and assume that we usually purchase the
- 1. The national debt would cease to grow if a) interest rates fell. b) the monetary authorities increased the money supply to pay off the debt. c) the federal
- How is it that cryptocurrencies are affecting the world's economy ?