Question
Answered

1) On the average, how much would you expect to win by playing the

following game?A 60% chance to win $1000 and a 40% chance to lose $1000.
2) On the average, how much would you expect to win by playing the following game?A 50% chance to win $4000, a 30% chance to lose $1000, and a 20% chance to lose $2000.

3) If you have a 50% chance to win $800 and 50% chance to lose $100, your expected value is:
4) How much, on average, do you expect to gain by investing $4,120 in the following stock: To buy the stock, you have to pay a $120 non-refundable service charge. There is a 60% chance that the firm will be bought by a large computer firm next year. If that is the case, there is a 50% chance that the stock holders will be bought out at double the present stock price, and a 50% chance that the stock holders will be bought out at 150% of the present stock price. If the firm is not bought by the large company, there is a 50% chance that the firm’s stock value will stay the same, and a 50% chance that the firm will go broke. If the firm goes broke, its stock will be totally worthless.
5) Chris, a small business owner, has identified a store site in a shopping mall in Atlanta. The mall owner offered him to alternatives: one location with 10,000 square feet and the other with 15,000 square feet. If he chooses the larger space, he estimates that the store will make a $200,000 annual profit when the economy is strong. However, if the economy is normal or poor, the profit will be only $100,000 or $40,000 respectively. With the smaller store, he estimates the annual profit at $150,000 with a good economy, $100,000 with a normal one and $50,000 with a poor one. Economists predict that there is an 80% chance of a normal economy, and a 20% chance of a poor one in the coming year. Which alternative is better for Chris to maximize his store profit?




Answer & Explanation
Verified Solved by verified expert

icitur laoreet. Nam risus ante, dapib

at, ultric

ec aliquet. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nam lacinia pulvinar tortor nec facilisis. Pellentesque dapibus efficitur laoreet. Nam risus ante, dapibus a molestie consequat, ultrices ac magna. Fusce dui lectus, congue vel laoreet ac, dictum vita

Unlock full access to Course Hero

Explore over 16 million step-by-step answers from our library

Subscribe to view answer
1 Attachment
ANSWER.docx
docx