You are the CEO of Flower Power, Inc., a fast growing chain of 100 florist shops based in the Southeastern United States. The company opened for business 5 years ago with just 20 employees and now has over 1500 employees.
The company is now in the process of installing a new computer network, which will, for the first time, link all of the company's offices and locations. The company's Chief Information Officer has approached you with a proposal to include a number of electronic surveillance features in the new network.
The proposed features include:
- The ability of all MIS staff to view any employee emails at any time
- The ability of all MIS staff to monitor what internet sites employees are viewing at any time
- The ability of all MIS staff to "shadow" PCs of any employees, at any time, without the consent of those employees ("shadowing" allows a person, such as the MIS staff person, to monitor all a user's activity on your PC from a remote location without the user's knowledge)
- If a PC or laptop is issued for an employee's use away from the office for work use, all email and activities on that PC or laptop can be monitored as well
- Cameras will be installed on PCs of every employee, allowing all MIS staff to monitor activities of every employee in their workspaces at any time
Your approval is needed to install this network and these features.
1. Identify the ethical dilemma
2. Evaluate the stakeholders and how the various stakeholders would be affected by your dilemma.
3. Discuss the pros and cons of alternative courses of action
4. Recommend a decision and provide a rationale for your decision
Recently Asked Questions
- describe some ways in which the instructional shifts discussed in the resources are different from the way you were taught. How do the Standards for
- an empty 250 ml cylinder weighs 260.8 g filled with 250 ml of water, weighs 510.8 g filled with 250 ml of a given solution, weighs 530.4 g what is the density
- Help with 1 to 8. Understand how to solve them. Thank you.