Watch the videos describing specific organizational cultures (e.g., Zappos, IDEo).
1. Compare and contrast how the cultures at each of these organizations differ.
2. Based on your Career Values assessment (completed in the first half of the semester), which two organizations had cultures that fit best with your values and why? Elaborate.
Please carefully read Case 16, "SAS - Business Success Starts on the Inside." on page 458-459 of your textbook.
1. How would you describe the kind of organization culture that SAS has developed for all its employees, even consider the customers?
2. Though pay is not at the high range at SAS, would you consider working for an organization that offered these kinds of benefits instead of a high salary (the company does not pay low, just not the highest among its competitors), Why or Why Not?
3. Do you think lack of higher pay could eventually be a problem for SAS in the future, or do you think the wide range of benefits offered its employees makes up for the lack of the high range of salary? Please remember that all these other benefits, including a very significant interaction with SAS customers, do have monetary value as well.
Read the Forbes article on The 14 Principles Of The Future Organization. A lot of change is happening now which will impact the way we do business. Although Morgan mentions some specific trends that impact how we structure organizations, the other trends will also have an impact on structure.
1. What other organizational structure changes will companies need to consider based on these trends?
2. Do you think that all companies, especially larger organizations, will be able to operate as suggested by Morgan? Explain why or why not. What will happen to companies that operate differently?
Recently Asked Questions
- The density of lead is 11.4 g/cm3. What is the thickness of a 6.60g piece of lead measuring 11.5mm by 9.00mm on each side? Complete the solution in one line
- Suppose that the probability that a child living in an urban area in the US is obese is 20%. A social worker sees 15 children living in urban areas, What is
- Should Marijuana and other drugs be decriminalized? Why or why not