Any 3 answers please
Q1. One fifth percent of the blades produced by a blade manufacturing factory turn out to be defective. The blades are supplied in packets of 10. Use Poisson distribution to calculate approximate number of packets containing no defective, one defective respectively in a consignment of 1,00,000 packets. (Given )
Q2. A banker claims that the life of a regular saving account opened with his bank averages 18 months with a standard deviation of 6.45 months. Answer the following:
- What is the probability that there will still be money in 22 months in a savings account opened with the said bank by a depositor?
- What is the probability that the account will have been closed before two years?
Q3. Fit a regression line by the method of Least squares to the following sample information:
Income (X) ('00 Rs.)
Consumption Expenditure (Y) ('00 Rs.)
Q4. Given the following data:
Variance of X = 9
Find (a) Mean values of X and Y
(b)Standard deviation of Y
(c)Coefficient of Correlation between X and Y
Q5. The final product of a firm has a requirement that it must weigh exactly 150 kg. The two raw - materials used in the manufacture of this product are A with a cost of Rs. 2 per unit and B with the cost of Rs. 8 per unit. At least 14 units of B and no more than 20 units of A must be used. Each unit of A weighs 5 kg and each unit of B weighs 10 kg.
How much of each type of raw - material should be used for each unit of the final product if cost is to be minimized?
Recently Asked Questions
- Colchicine is a toxin that binds to tubulin proteins and prevents microtubules from polymerizing . What affect might this have on dividing cells ?
- ______ was a book that detailed how insecticides also killed birds .
- The type of soil at a particular site depends on many factors . Which of the following is not a factor influencing the soil type ?