These are the long open question for Year 2 Business Management final exam at Newcastle Uni. Please help answer these!
1. Grey (2017) argues that managerial approaches which have arisen from Human Relations Theory, particularly that of Culture Management, are similar to Bureaucratic approaches in that they are still about instrumental rationality and control, and in fact are more subtle and devious forms of control. Even if he is right, does it matter and why? Explain your answer with reference to relevant academic literature and practice.
2. Sewell and Wilkinson (1992) argue in their article `Someone to Watch Over Me': Surveillance, Discipline and the Just-in-Time Labour Process' that, due to intense forms of surveillance instilling discipline, the modern workplace can be considered as a 'panoptic prison'. What forms of surveillance and discipline can be identified in today's workplace? Drawing from appropriate literature, critically assess the strength of this argument and discuss the implications for workers and self-choice.
Recently Asked Questions
- In an aqueous solution, the carboxylic acid ethyl red (acid form shown below) is used as an indicator. What is the pH of the solution when the concentration
- I have an assignment that I need help with and it's due by Thursday. You can find more information below: Topic: Crohn's disease - A chronic inflammatory bowel
- 1a. What is the kVAC needed to bring a facilities power factor from 0.71 to 0.95, given a actual demand 724 . 1b. Find the monthly cost savings due to