These are long open questions for my final exam. Please help me.
1. In his book 'Labour and Monopoly Capitalism: the Degradation of Work in the Twentieth Century', Harry Braverman argues that the role of Management is to protect the interest of capital and do so through the deskilling and controlling of the labour force aided through technology. Technology, he argues, is inevitably used to increase the control of the labour process by capital in the interests of profit. Since his book was published over forty years ago in 1974, to what extent can his argument still be considered valid today in the 21st Century? Justify your answer with reference to relevant academic literature and examples from practices which can be identified in work and organisation today.
2. Grey (2017) proposes that every generation considers itself to be in the midst of dramatic and revolutionary change. In terms of the world of work and organisation, what is your response to Wilson's (2014) question "...how much change has really happened; is it change or just continuity?"
Recently Asked Questions
- A digital signal processor (DSP) is design to perform FFT operstions for a digital oscilloscope that utilizes a 12 bit A/ D Converter . The most cost
- Think of one contract type in project management and its importance of this type of contract and why a contract such as this would be used in your workplace.
- What is procurement? what are the four sub-processes associated with the overall process of procurement?