Williams v. Braum Ice Case
- Read and understand the case or question assigned. Show your Analysis and Reasoning and make it clear you understand the material. Be sure to incorporate the concepts of the chapter we are studying to show your reasoning. Dedicate at least one heading to each following outline topic:
- Parties [Identify the plaintiff and the defendant]
- Facts [Summarize only those facts critical to the outcome of the case]
- Procedure [Who brought the appeal? What was the outcome in the lower court(s)?]
- Issue [Note the central question or questions on which the case turns]
- Explain the applicable law(s). Use the textbook here. The law should come from the same chapter as the case. Be sure to use citations from the textbook including page numbers.
- Holding [How did the court resolve the issue(s)? Who won?]
- Reasoning [Explain the logic that supported the court's decision]
- Do significant research outside of the book and demonstrate that you have in a very obvious way. This refers to research beyond the legal research. This involves something about the parties or other interesting related area. Show something you have discovered about the case, parties or other important element from your own research. Be sure this is obvious and adds value beyond the legal reasoning of the case.
- Dedicate 1 heading to each of the case question(s) immediately following the case, if there are any. Be sure to restate and fully answer the questions.
- Quality in terms of substance, form, grammar and context. Be entertaining! Use excellent visual material!
- Wrap up with a Conclusion. This should summarize the key aspects of the decision and also your recommendations on the court's ruling.
- Include citations and a reference page with your sources. Use APA style citations and references.
Recently Asked Questions
- What are the inputs to the mean variance optimization model?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of the privatisation of government-owned companies such as airlines?
- Use the Venn Diagrams below to identify and compare/contrast the different types of media that could be used in art. Each circle represents one specific