Orient Fashion is a Hong Kong based manufacturer of textiles. Having identified Europe as one of the key markets for growth, the company has opened a new manufacturing and regional distribution centre in Norway. The company has selected Mr. Song Jiang as the country manager and relocated him from Hong Kong to Oslo.
The company has set strict output targets for the subsidiary in Norway and has tasked Mr. Jiang with achieving the targets.
Song Jiang has no previous experience of working in Europe. Having undertaken some research on the work environment in Norway, he has found the following:
- Norway is ranked as one of the most gender equal countries in the world.
- The Norwegian workforce is highly skilled and innovative
Based on this information, identify:
- The cultural dimension scores for Hong Kong and Norway. Use Hofstede's dimension scores and explain what the culture score differences mean for Mr. Jiang managing the workforce in Norway.
- What process theory of motivation would be most relevant to apply in Norway? Explain why you have selected this theory.
- Identify the Philosophy and Leadership Behaviour and Style that would be most suitable to apply in Norway. Provide justification for answer.
Recently Asked Questions
- Refer to the above diagram , in which S1 and D1 represent the original supply and demand curves and S2 and D2 the new curves . In this market the indicated
- Figure : AD–AS Model and the Short-Run Phillips Curve Look at AD–AS Model and the Short-Run Phillips Curve . If the central bank decreases the money supply
- Deflation leads to winners and losers ; for example :