Orient Fashion is a Hong Kong based manufacturer of textiles. Having identified Europe as one of the key markets for growth, the company has opened a new manufacturing and regional distribution centre in Norway. The company has selected Mr. Song Jiang as the country manager and relocated him from Hong Kong to Oslo.
The company has set strict output targets for the subsidiary in Norway and has tasked Mr. Jiang with achieving the targets.
Song Jiang has no previous experience of working in Europe. Having undertaken some research on the work environment in Norway, he has found the following:
- Norway is ranked as one of the most gender equal countries in the world.
- The Norwegian workforce is highly skilled and innovative
Based on this information, identify:
- The cultural dimension scores for Hong Kong and Norway. Use Hofstede's dimension scores and explain what the culture score differences mean for Mr. Jiang managing the workforce in Norway.
- What process theory of motivation would be most relevant to apply in Norway? Explain why you have selected this theory.
- Identify the Philosophy and Leadership Behaviour and Style that would be most suitable to apply in Norway. Provide justification for answer.
Recently Asked Questions
- you will receive $15,000 in two years when you graduate. you plan to invest this at an annual interest rate of 6.5 percent. How much money will you have 8
- (6 /1 − sin( α )) + ( 6 /1 + sin( α )) plz help Simplify the trigonometric expression.
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from Empirical Formula of a Hydrate. Additional comments: "Could you help me