You work for a legal firm called Baddocks, based in Melbourne. The offices that your firm works from are disorganized and uncomfortable, and there have been a lot of complaints from staff. You have been asked by management to lead a project team to redesign this office space, to resolve the complaints by staff and to ensure the redesign is more ergonomic, comfortable, and an organized environment to work in.
- Create a scope management plan to allow your project management team to quickly access the scope / size of the project.
- Define three (3) stakeholders (internal / external) in this project and explain what their interest is in the project? Also discuss what power/authority they might have in the project?
- Develop a project plan. This should include information such as; timelines, delegation and responsibilities, budgets, resource requirements
- Develop a risk-management plan. Take into consideration WHS & outline anexample.
- For maximum efficiency you need to ensure all your team members understand their responsibilities and positions. What action will you take to guarantee their understanding?Explain.
- Some furniture that is being reallocated is heavy and difficult to move. What support or training could you provide your workers with to ensure the project is achieved efficiently? Include OH & S.
- What outcome do you expect to achieve with the completion of this project? Give explanation.
- Your supervisor has asked to keep record of the financial costs of the project. What financial records do you need to keep and how do you check them for accuracy?
- One of the staff is unhappy at being asked to help reallocate furniture. How might you resolve this problem? (give examples)
- You have nearly finished your project. What documentation might you complete, and who would you need to obtain a sign off from? Outline this process.
- You have finished the redesign of the offices and you are proud of the outcome. Develop a project review. Who needs to be involved in the project review? List examples.
- What obstacles might you have had to overcome during this project? Reflect on how you would have dealt with these obstacles and provide an example.
Recently Asked Questions
- Explain “I messages” and “reflective listening” and how these guidance techniques can be used. This information is in your Field’s Chapter 7 text.
- You bought a very cheap bathroom scale that is able to read weights up to 200 N, but not above (if the scale reading goes above 200 N, the bathroom scale
- What is the difference between a host and an end system? List several different types of end systems. Is a Web server an end system?