- High Performing Organizations are both _____________ and _____________. (Name both).
2. Define one of the above terms, and give an example of how it manifests in an organization.
3. Pick a level of management (be sure you write which) and explain what the responsibilities are for those at that level and who they manage.
4. Pick one of the essential tasks, (name it), and tell me what level(s) of management perform that task.
5. Explain a SWOT analysis. Describe briefly the steps involved in a SWOT analysis. How does a SWOT analysis relate to a company's strategy and planning processes? *
6. Discuss four ways in which a manager could redesign the job of a subordinate to enrich that subordinate's job. How does job enrichment relate to organizational structure? *
7. Explain how an employee can be intrinsically motivated, extrinsically motivated, or both, depending on the factors in his/her job situation. Give one example of an employee who exhibits each of these three possible work situations.
8. According to the trait model, the attribute of leadership that helps managers avoid acting selfishly, control their feelings, and admit when they have made a mistake is:
D. tolerance for stress.
9.Name & Describe the three situational characteristics of Fiedler's Contingency Theory: _____________:__________________________________ _____________:__________________________________ _____________:__________________________________
10.Roberta, Chief of Police, uses her coercive power effectively to motivate employees. Because of her coercive power, yesterday, Roberta was able to:
A. participate in subordinate appraisals.
B. monitor her subordinates
C. show respect for subordinates.
D. hire subordinates.
E. fire a subordinate.
11.To limit social loafing on teams, managers should ensure three things:______________________________________________ , ____________________________________________________ , ____________________________________________________ .
12.Heterogeneous teams are teams that are different in terms of:
A. demographics, function, or informal roles.
B. group roles, groupthink, or function.
C. demographics, group roles, or synergy.
D. distributions, functions, or roles.
E. gender, race, national origin or disability.
13.Groups in the early stages of development need leaders who are:___________________________________________________________________________because:_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
14.Explain the relationship between group cohesiveness and performance. What shape is the graph illustrating this relationship?
15.Discuss at least two ways groups or teams enhance organizational performance.
16.Discuss the most important ways in which performance appraisal and feedback contribute to the effective management of human resources within an organization.
Recently Asked Questions
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from ECON433_PS1_y.doc.
- Mandi and Thomas were married and had one child , age 7 . Mandi died in 2013 leaving Thomas a single parent . In 2014 , the most favorable filing status for
- A trader in the arbitrage unit of a multinational bank finds that an asset is trading at USD 1,000 , the price of a 1-year futures contract on that asset is