Pearl Products Limited of Shenzhen, China, manufactures and distributes toys throughout South East Asia. Three
cubic centimeters (cc) of solvent H300 are required to manufacture each unit of Supermix, one of the company's products. The company now is planning raw materials needs for the third quarter, the quarter in which peak sales of Supermix occur. To keep production and sales moving smoothly, the company has the following inventory requirements:
- The finished goods inventory on hand at the end of each month must equal 2,000 units of Supermix plus 20% of the next month's sales. The finished goods inventory on June 30 is budgeted to be 13,000 units.
- The raw materials inventory on hand at the end of each month must equal one-half of the following month's production needs for raw materials. The raw materials inventory on June 30 is budgeted to be 84,000 cc of solvent H300.
- The company maintains no work in process inventories.
A monthly sales budget for Supermix for the third and fourth quarters of the year follows.
Budgeted Unit SalesJuly55,000August60,000September70,000October50,000November40,000December30,000
1. prepare production budget for Supermix for the months July, August, September, and October.
2. prepare direct materials budget showing the quantity of solvent H300 to be purchased for July, August, and September, and for the quarter in total.
1) For July: Production = Sales-Opening inventory+Closing inventory = 55000 -13000(June inventory) +(2000+0.2*60000) =56000... View the full answer