This is the final assessment task.
This task requires you to document
a professional development action plan.
Note: You will find that the previous assessment tasks will help you complete this task. Remember that professional development is ongoing throughout your working life and there is always room for improvement.
Create a Power Point Presentation and follow the below format and layout to complete your presentation correctly.
Slide 1 -
- Type the heading "Professional Development Action Plan"
- Type your name and date
Slide 2 - Personal Work Goals
- Describe your career goals - the managerial role that you aspire to achieve.
- Identify the organisation(s) you have worked for, or are working for and give an outline of the organisation's purpose. If it has a vision or mission statement, quote this in your response as well.
Slide 3 - Personal Work Goals
- Describe how you personally will be able to promote the organisation's objectives - once you are in the role which is your career goal.
In other words, how will your role and personality help the company to achieve it goals.
Slide 4 - Setting and meeting work priorities
- Discuss the key tasks that will be involved in your role and how you will plan and prioritise these tasks.
- Identify the technology that you will use to help you with planning and prioritising.
Slide 5 - Setting and meeting work priorities
- Discuss the types of contingencies and competing demands that may occur in this role that will require you to re-prioritise or resolve problems.
Slide 6 - Work-life balance
- List the possible causes of stress that this work role may present.
- List the ways that you will manage stress and maintain your mental and physical health and well being.
Slide 7 - Self-assessment
- Identify and list the knowledge requirements for the job role.
- Identify and list the skills requirements for the job role.
- Identify and list the attitudes and behaviour requirements for the job role.
Slide 8 - Self-assessment
- Evaluate your own current knowledge, skills and attitudes and identify one area for improvement in each case (one for knowledge, one for skill, and one for attitude/behaviour).
- Describe the strategies you will use to improve in these areas.
Slide 9 - Conclusion
Type a paragraph explaining how it is important for you to understand where you are now and how you can develop professionally and as a person to achieve your goals.
Recently Asked Questions
- The Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) is a federal law enacted in 2002 in response to numerous corporate accounting scandals such as Enron. Based on your research